Tuesday, May 13, 2014

April showers bring May flowers . . .


April showers bring May flowers and for me? It was Mr. Brown that brought me my Stampin Up Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch --- which is now on the Stampin Up Retired List. You never know what products you need until you see a really cute project or a pretty card that uses the products you don't have. With Stampin Up retiring products you can either buy from them if the items are still available or wait until you can find it for sale on Ebay. But this flower punch I did not plan on buying at all  until I saw this cute little guy from Connie Collins.

Never have been a big fan of gingerbread men at holiday time --- but I did buy the Stampin Up stamp set that comes as a bundle with the dies Scentsational Season and I made this holiday card:



But that was the only gingerbread guy I made last holiday season. However, this year I will be making many of this little guy:


Here are the punches I used to make him:


For my guy I used scrap Kraft card stock from Paper Trey Ink and punched out a flower piece. Then using the 1" circle punch I punched out a circle for his face also from the Kraft card stock. Here is a closer photo of the punches used:


The silver punch on the left is a small circle and I punched out two black circles for the gingerbread eyes. The 1/4" circle punch on the right is for the two red cheek circles and then two black circles for his buttons.

Here are the punches for his body and his face:


The 1" circle for his face and the flower punch for his body. For the face circle and flower body I sponged the edges of those using brown ink. Using a fine black marker I made his mouth on the 1" circle and then using a glue pen I put the eyes above his mouth. The red cheek circles and two black buttons I put on using small glue dots. Added a red ribbon bow with a glue dot and he was finished:


He is a cute size to be on a name card for a place marker on a holiday table, or he could be a gift tag, or on a topper for a bag of candies, etc. But I decided he would be a perfect size for the Ghiradelli holders that I make using the Sizzix Petal Card die --- here is a sample holder I just made up using this cute little guy and he will be making friends this holiday season as I plan on making up a lot of these for the Ghiradelli candy treats for Christmas -- again this is a sample and I used double sided card stock from Stampin Up for this holder:


This little guy fits perfectly on the front of the holder. Thanks again to Connie C for sharing her photo of this cute gingerbread man. TFL and YOLO

5 comments:

Nessie said...

Hi Candee, I am following your blog so long - via email - and I never comment. I am really ashamed! But when I got your post this morning, my first thought was: "oh no, a Christmas post". But when I saw the gingerbread man made from a flower punch - I fell in love immediately. What a cute little guy.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Greetings from Scotland,
Nessie

Brenda said...

Hi Candee, I haven't been around in a while but Just wanted to say you have done some awesome projects!! I didn't have time to comment on them all, but I love each and every one! You always give great tips too my friend. Keep up the great work!! Hugs

Cindy said...

Candee....HELP!!! I am not getting your blog updates. I have seen other bloggers go to feedblitz because of having trouble with feedburner. I just realized it and haven't gotten an update from you for a couple of months. I am not a happy camper. I miss your blogging. Please let me know if there is something I should do. Cindy

Candee said...

Cindy,

We have uninstalled and reinstalled the email updates. Hopefully they will be back up and running within the next 24 hours. If not, tech support (my lovely step-daughter) is researching other options. As of right now, I would try to resubscribe via email, and if that doesn't work by tomorrow we will move on to the next option! Thanks for letting me know!

-Candee P

Linda Matthews said...

Thank you for showing the shortcut to making the gingerbread man.

Now, I can make one. :)