Monday, May 26, 2014

Bubbled Birthday Card


Here is the card I made using my new Tim Holtz Bubbles stencil and distress inks. This card is for a friend whose favorite colour is red. To begin with the card base is red card stock, with a pink piece of card stock for the card front. The white piece that I stenciled is the 110# weight card stock from Mikes.

Cut and scored the red card stock base and then cut the pink card stock to the size I needed for the card front. Using my brown craft mat I used distress inks and the Bubbles stencil for the card front:


I used Ripe Persimmon for the top of the stencil, followed that with Festive Berries for the middle section of the stencil and then the bottom part of the stencil I used Barn Door:


Removed the stencil to see this:


Once the stencil was removed I used a baby wipe to wipe off the stencil and the craft mat before putting them away. Trimmed my stenciled piece to the size I needed for my card front using the paper trimmer.

For "Happy Birthday" I used a stamp set from Gina K Design "Stippled Nature" and stamped that onto scrap white 110# card stock using red ink. Using the Tags Ribbon Trio #2 die set from Spellbinders and cut out the greeting using the Cuttlebug.

Using the ATG I put the stenciled piece onto the pink card stock and then using ribbon from the stash I put the greeting tag on the front of the card pieces. Once the ribbon was secured in place using double sided tape I put the card front pieces onto the red card stock base. Tied a red ribbon bow and put that next to the greeting tag on the front:


Easy card to put together and the stencils are very easy to use and have endless possibilities --- this card is needed to go into the mail this week so am glad I was able to find this stencil @ Mikes --- TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I love your card Candee!! Your friend will too! Stencils are so hot right now and I love them because of all the cool ways to use them. Love this stencil. Hugs, Brenda