Sunday, May 11, 2014

Nine Patch Get Well Card


Simple quilted look card -- I used a 1 1/4" square punch on this card but you can use a 1" square punch too. All you need is double sided card stock for the quilted pieces.  Punch out 6 squares --- you need 5 full squares and the 6th one you cut into quarters. Once I had my pieces cut out I did a 'dry' layout and then used a ruler to measure the 'quilt'. I cut a piece of cream card stock that size so I could put the quilted pieces on that.

For the full squares I used the ATG to put them onto the cream base and for the small quarter pieces I used the glue pen. Once these were all together I used the Damask embossing folder by Darice and embossed it. Put it on a blue piece of card stock for my card front and using the Ticket Trio stamp set from Gina K Designs I stamped "get well soon" in blue ink below the quilted piece.

Put these onto a green card stock base and the card was done. Added a red flower button from the button jar and added twine to that. Put the button onto the card front using a large glue dot. TFL and YOLO

No comments: