Sunday, June 15, 2014

Patriotic Stars Cards


This card is on a card stock base of navy blue, with white by GP, and the red is from Mikes. Used the Stars embossing folder by QuicKutz to emboss the red piece. Cut the stars out using scrap card stocks and I used the Little B stars die set. The "America" greeting is a stamp from Hambo Stamps and the actual stamp reads
"God Bless America". I used a navy marker and coloured the America on the stamp and stamped that onto scrap white card stock. Cut that banner out using one of the dies from the SU Bitty Banners die set. The red button is from the button jar and the twine is from the stash. Here is a better photo of the embossing on the red card stock:


This next card I also used the Little B stars die set:


For this card I cut and scored the navy card stock base.  Used a star die from Little B to cut the star out of the front of the card. Then used that die and a larger die to cut out the star printed card stock 'frame' for my star shaped 'window' on the card front. Put the 'frame' piece on the card front using a glue pen. Cut the size of the flag printed card stock for the inside of the card and put that in the card using the ATG.

For the greeting "God Bless America" I used a stamp from Hambo Stamps. The banner is from Impression Obsession. I cut out the banner and then stamped my greeting on the banner using red ink. Added a button and twine and the card is done.Here is a closer photo of the front of the card:



 Both the flag printed card stock and the stars printed card stock are from a pad of card stock from Pebbles. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Love these patriotic cards Candee!! That stars embossing folder is fabulous and I love your star dies. Hugs, Brenda