Sunday, June 8, 2014

Poinsettia Pillow Box


Pillow Box was cut out using a Sizzix die and then used the new-to-me Sizzix Medallions embossing folder. Added ribbon, a button with twine, and the box was closed.

Wanted a poinsettia on the front of this box for holiday treats but all my poinsettia dies or punches are too large for a pillow box treat holder. So I used the ornament punch from SU Merry Minis die set and punched out 6 red ornaments and 6 green ornaments and made the poinsettia. Then used gold Shimmer Mist to spray on that to give it some shine -- for the center of the poinsettia I used the star punch from that punch set. Added a gold bead to the center of the poinsettia for some sparkle.  Here is a closer photo of the poinsettia:


Cute idea to use the ornament punch for a smaller poinsettia -- thanks to whomever it orginated with.  TFL and YOLO

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Love this pillow box Candee! How cool and very clever that you made a poinsettia out of the ornament dies/punch! I'm so impressed and wish I was that clever. lol Hugs, Brenda

Cindy said...

Hi Candee,
I am frustrated because I love to see your blog updates but I am still not getting them. What to do??

Candee said...

Hi ladies -- thanks for your blog visits! Cindy--I will talk to my step daughter about the problems you are having with getting the blog updates -- will let you know what she suggests. Thanks -- Candee P