Saturday, July 19, 2014

Birthday Butterflies


Made up a package of Butterflies for a friend's birthday --- made 12 of them and then may a tray from card stock to put them on. Put this all in a clear bag from the candy aisle at the craft store, added a ribbon and a tag and it was done.

For the butterflies --- used Chocolate Nugget candy, a large M Stewart butterfly punch, a smaller M Stewart butterfly punch, clear crystals from the stash. All the solid card stocks are scraps and the printed card stocks used for the butterflies are from Mikes.

For the band around the candy nugget I used a piece of 1" wide by 3 1/8" long of solid card stock and put that around the nugget using glue dots. Stacked the small butterfly on the larger butterfly using a glue dot and then put a clear crystal on that. Pinched the wings together to give the butterfly dimension:



Easy project and chocolate is always a win-win. TFL and YOLO  *** Judy left me a message asking how to make the tray for my Birthday Butterflies -- so here is an explanation:

To begin with remember if you should use the two punches that I did to make my butterflies if you look in the above photo you will see that the larger butterfly is wider than the nugget candy. Keeping that in mind I made the nugget belly bands and put those on the nugget candies. Then put the butterflies on top of the nugget candies. Put them in rows and once they were all placed then I measured the length and width of the placed butterflies and I added an inch to this measurement to allow for the sides of the tray -- in this case I used a piece of purple card stock 5 1/4" x 5". Put this on the M Stewart scored board and scored this at 1/2" on all four sides -- then using scissors I clipped one of the intersected scored lines on each corner so that is where I put my glue dot to make the 'tray' -- see photos:



I hope this will help explain how to make your tray. If you want your sides to be higher then just adjust your measurement by a quarter or half inch more. TFL and YOLO

3 comments:

Brenda said...

This is a cute treat Candee! I love the butterflies, would make a great treat for a wedding or shower too. Hugs, Brenda

lifesabeach32940 said...

Very very cute project, Candee ... How did you make the cardstock tray? I love the presentation!!

lifesabeach32940 said...

You are WONDERFUL for providing the instructions for the tray!! THANK YOU!!