Sunday, July 20, 2014

Gingerbread Man Gift Card Holder


This is a holiday gift card holder I made. The gingerbread man was made using the retired Fancy Flower punch from Stampin Up. The measurements for the gift card holder are below and I used the M Stewart score board for all my scored lines:

To begin with the gift card holder is green card stock. I cut that 4 1/4" x 7 1/2". Scored that with the long side at the top of the score board and scored it at: 1 3/4" and again at 5"(approx).  Using the bone folder I creased the score lines.

For the striped card stocks (both from Hobby Lobby) I cut the cream and red patterned paper approx 1 1/2" x 4". The other printed card stock I cut to 2 1/2" x 4". Used the ATG to put the patterned papers onto the gift card holder green base. Once the pattern papers were on I used red sticky tape to make the inside pocket for the gift card -- see photo:


I used my AC Moore Rewards card for photos but you can see this pocket makes it easy to be able to remove your gift cards. Be sure to put the red sticky tape only on the inside side edges of your pocket so your gift card can easily be removed.

The "Merry Christmas" was stamped using red ink and that stamp is from the Close To My Heart stamp set Holiday Trinkets. That piece of cream card stock is approx 2 1/4" x 4". I left room on the greeting piece to be able to write a "to" and a "from" or a note but you could leave that blank if you wanted:



The belly band for the holder is 1" x 7 1/2" and I scored that at 1", 4 1/4", and 6 1/4" (approx). Again used the bone folder to crease the scored lines. This enables you to easy remove the belly band from your holder to open it:



The gingerbread man was punched out using the Fancy Flower punch from scrap Kraft card stock. Sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink. Using a 1 inch circle punch punched out a circle for his face. Sponged the edges of that. Using a small circle punch I punched two black circles for his eyes. Using a 1/4" circle punch I punched out two black circles for his buttons and two red circles for his cheeks. Drew a mouth using a fine black marker. Put the cheeks on the sides of his mouth using glue dots and the eyes were put on using a glue pen. Made a bow from scrap red ribbon. Put his face (circle) on one of the petals of the flower piece using a large glue dot. Once that was on I put the bow on using a glue dot and then the two buttons below the bow using glue dots. Simple little guy to make. Put him on the belly band using double sided tape.

Here is a better photo of him:


Have used him for Ghirardelli holder using the Petal Card Die:


This is an easy little guy to put together and he is a big enough size to also make a gift tag out of him. Here is the gift card holder again:


TFL and YOLO

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Your gingerbread gift card is adorable Candee, I also love it made into a treat holder too. Hugs, Brenda

lifesabeach32940 said...

Candee ~

Your gingerbread man and gift card holder are too cute for words!! Thank you for the instructions and AWESOME inspiration!!

Judy