Saturday, July 26, 2014

Halloween Hatagories


Had seen hats made up using this pattern and decided to make my own -- they will be used for Halloween (BOO Day). The pattern is from  www.svgcuts.com. Click on "free designs" at the top of their home page and I believe it is page 8 the free Witch Hat pattern is on.

I printed the pattern out on the computer and then copied it making the size 150%. Once that was printed out to size I ran an ATG over white card stock and put the copy paper pattern on that. Then I cut the pattern out using scissors. The card stock under the copy paper pattern makes the pattern more durable for tracing so you can cut out your pattern using scissors.

First the black and orange holder:


For all my Hatagories I used double sided card stock as I do with all my lollipop holders. These hats hold a Tootsie Pop lollipop. Once I cut out my holder using scissors I scored my three lines as the pattern indicates. Then I added a small piece of black and white dotted card stock above the brim of the hat. For the "BOO" I used a stamp from the Gina K Designs Wicked stamp set. Cut that out using the Stitched Banners die from Lil' Inker using the Cuttlebug. Punched out a star from shiny black card stock and added an orange crystal to the middle of the star. Put the Tootsie Pop in the holder and tied it closed using ribbon. Closer to Halloween I will put in my Tootsie Pops using a glue dot on each one in the holder. Here are other photos:


The "creepy" word was cut out using my Slice machine and the Holidays Words and Expressions program. Cut that out using black card stock from Mikes. Put it onto a scrap piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock using a glue pen. Put this piece above the brim of the witch hat using the ATG. Tied this holder closed using shiny "hairy" black yarn. The third holder:


This holder I used a M Stewart bat punch and used shiny black card stock for that. Cut out a small piece of dotted card stock to put above the hat brim and added the stars and bat to the front of the hat. Tied this closed using an orange ribbon.

These holders are nice as there is plenty of room inside for your Tootsie Pops and they do not make the sides of your holders bulge:


Cute pattern to work with and these would be cute for office or classroom favors or table markers at your BOO table. TFL and YOLO


1 comment:

Brenda said...

I am so loving these witches hats lollipop holders Candee! They are really cute and the perfect little treat for some goblins. Hugs, Brenda