Sunday, July 27, 2014

Halloween Tree Card


Card stock base of 110# weight white card stock from Mikes. Used a 2" circle and punched out a scrap circle to make the moon on the card. Once the moon was in place on the card front using removable adhesive I used the Black Soot distress ink and applicator and covered the card front and putting the ink heavier on the sides/top/bottom of the card front. Then took the moon circle off.

For the tree I used the old red Sizzix Bare Tree die and cut out a black tree. Using the Paper Studio Wood grain embossing folder from Hobby Lobby I embossed the tree in the Cuttlebug. Using the Ghost Trio die set from Impression Obsession I cut out three ghosts using white glittered card stock from Hobby Lobby with the Cuttlebug.

For the greeting "Happy Halloween" I used a stamp set from MFTstamps.com and stamped that at the bottom of the card front using StazOn black ink. Put the tree on the card front and then the ghosts. The ghost at the top of the tree in front of the moon has a glue dot to hold him on and the other two ghosts have pop dots for dimension:


For the pumpkin I used a small Marvy oval punch and punched out three ovals from Pumpkin Pie card stock scraps. Sponged the edges of those and stacked them into the pumpkin shape. Added a stem and a small leaf and the pumpkin is done:


Wanted a basic black and white card and the pumpkin is just enough for a pop of colour. TFL and YOLO


1 comment:

Brenda said...

Cute "boo" card Candee! I love that tree embossed to look like wood and I love those cute ghosts. Hugs, Brenda