Wednesday, July 23, 2014

♪ ♪ Oh, Ghouls just want to have fun - un ♪ ♪


If you don't have a monthly stamp club to brain-storm with other card makers or you don't want to be obligated to buy product every month then go over to YouTube and watch a video. Just saw the video for this card by   dawn5377 or her blog is:  www.dawnsstampingthoughts.net. This is a Flap card -- her video is "Flap Card with Dawn" if you want to watch the video.

I put this card together quickly and after I cut all my pieces I took a photo of each with the measurements so you will have those to go by if you don't get a chance to watch the video. To begin with:

This is a simple card which is all pieced together. The card stock base is black, white is GP, the purple is SU, the stripe is Paper Studio @ Hobby Lobby.

First you cut the black piece for the card base:


then the white piece that is the inside of your card that you will stamp your greeting on:


Now for the flap that is attached to the back of your card and it is the piece I have my stamped image on:


Then the stamped white piece is:


Then the striped piece behind the white:


Then the purple piece:


This is what the card looks like standing:


Thanks to Dawn for sharing this card/layout. A little Halloween washi tape for the inside with a greeting will complete it. The ghosts were cut out using a ghost trio die from Impression Obsession and I used white glittered card stock from Hobby Lobby for those. TFL and YOLO *** Here is the finished card:


Just added some purple crystals to the card front by the Whipper Snapper Designs stamped image and inside the card added washi tape. The inside greeting is a stamp from the Stampabilities line at Hobby Lobby:


1 comment:

Brenda said...

This is a super cute card fold and card Candee. I don't go every month to a stamp club either, I just don't like paying the $12 to go. Yes, I tend to be cheap at times. lol I do go once in a while though. I love watching Dawn and Angie-both ladies are awesome! I think you can find so much inspiration on YouTube and Pinterest that you really don't need to go to stamp clubs except for the socialization. And I do like to socialize. lol Hugs, Brenda