Sunday, July 6, 2014

Ornament Card


This is the Impression Obsession Ornament die that I just bought on sale at DiesRUs.com. All the Impression Obsession dies cut the card stocks well from heavier weights to foils. Here is the card I made using this die:


The card stock base is green, with cream for the card front. I used a new-to-me holiday stamp from the lot I just bought from Craig's List for the greeting --- that stamp is by DeNami Design. For the ornament I used red foil card stock from Hobby Lobby and cut out the ornament die -- I put the die cut side up on the cutting plate then put waxed paper over that and then put the foil card stock over the waxed paper and die with the foil side facing the die -- so when you cut your die cut piece you are looking at the back of the foil card stock.

Since this is a 'scrolly' die the waxed paper helped to get the small pieces out of the die cut piece but I still had to use the awl to poke a few stubborn pieces away. For the white circle behind the 'scrolly' die cut ornament I used a 2 1/2" circle punch and punched out a piece of white/GP card stock. Used a glue pen to put the white circle on the back side of the ornament piece. Using a small scrap of gold foil paper I cut out the ornament topper from the die for my ornament.

I used the Spellbinders Labels 22 to cut out a red foil card stock frame using two sizes of the labels die to make the frame. Also cut out a piece of a holiday printed card stock using the larger label die I used for the frame. I used the ATG to put the printed card stock on the red foil frame. Then I put the ornament and parts for that inside the frame. Used a pop dot for the gold ornament topper.

Using the ATG I put the stamped cream card stock piece on the card front and then put the ornament/frame on that with having the top curve of my frame piece above my card edge -- this is a photo to show this from the back side of the card:


Wanted a little sparkle by the greeting so I used a small circle punch and punched two small circles from scraps of the red foil card stock and used a glue pen to put them next to the greeting on the card. Here is a photo to show the shine of the red foil card stock on the ornament/frame pieces:


Nice die from Impression Obsession and all the details are included --- the ornament topper and the bow. TFL and YOLO


1 comment:

Brenda said...

Wow, this is another fabulous die!! I love your card Candee, it is so elegant. Hugs, Brenda