Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pumpkin Autumn/Thanksgiving Card


** This card was chosen as a Favorites of the Week on SplitcoastStampers.com ** Happy me --- :0)
_______________________________________________________________________________

Can not decide if I will use this card for an Autumn card or for Thanksgiving so for now there is no greeting on the front. I used the two Shape Up Series Pumpkin dies from Papertreyink.com and here is a photo of those:


These are really nice dies to work with --- on all my pieces of the pumpkin that the upper left die cut, I used different embossing folders and embossed each cut section. Then sponged the edges with ink. Put the pieces together on the card stock base using the ATG. Here is the back of this card as the lower pumpkin die cut it out:


On the lower pumpkin die there is a dotted line where you put the top fold of your card so you will not cut your scored line. For the doily on the left front of the card I used a doily die from Prima (Sizzix) and I cut out a piece of printed card stock. Using the glue pen I put the doily on the left front of the card and I used scissors to trim off the excess part of the doily:


This photo shows the stem/leaf pieces:


Used the stem die piece from the pumpkin dies for the stem and a leaf die I had for the leaf piece. Sponged the edges of these using green ink. Made a bow from orange ribbon from my stash and added an orange crystal to the center of that. Simple card to put together and all the different embossing folders add dimension to the pumpkin sections. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Beautiful card no matter which you used it for Candee! I am loving that die, will have to go check it out. Hugs, Brenda