Sunday, July 6, 2014

Scrolly Tree Card


This is a die I bought on sale at DiesRUs.com from Impression Obsession. Their dies cut well and to cut my tree I put the cut side up on my cutting plate, then a piece of waxed paper, and then my foil card stock with the foil side down -- so when you cut your tree you will be looking at the back side of the foil card stock. Here is the card I made using this die:


Card stock base of green, printed card stock for the card front, red ribbon from the stash. I used red foil and gold foil card stocks from Hobby Lobby to cut out my tree pieces. Cut a panel from cream card stock for the tree to go on and then a panel piece of red card stock to go under the cream panel.

For the trees I used a glue pen to put the two tree pieces together -- the red foil tree and the gold 'scrolly' tree. Once those were together I used glue dots to put the tree pieces on my panel pieces. Using red sticky tape I ran a piece of that on the left front side of my printed card stock for the red ribbon. Added the red ribbon and trimmed my ribbon at the top and bottom of the card stock to make it even. Put this piece on the card front using the ATG. Put the panel/trees on the card front using the ATG.

For the greeting "Holiday Happiness to you!" by My Sentiments Exactly (from Hobby Lobby) I stamped that using green ink onto cream card stock and used a square punch to make the 'tails' of the banner piece. Added red crystals to that and put that on the card front using pop dots for dimension. Here is a better photo to show the shine on the tree using the foil card stocks:


This is a nice die from Impression Obsession -- not only do you get the solid and the 'scrolly' dies for your tree but they also have a star at the top of the die and there is a small star in that so you see the red foil card stock behind the 'scrolly' tree show through on the star. Nice detail and a nice die set. Esp since it was on sale when I bought it.  TFL and YOLO


1 comment:

Brenda said...

This is gorgeous Candee! I love that tree die, so pretty and so detailed. Hugs, Brenda