Saturday, July 19, 2014

Tri Fold Halloween Card


Had seen the video by frenchiestamps.com on YouTube showing how to make her Tri Fold card and this is the first one I made. Easy card to make and the embossed flap gives it some texture. Here is another card using this Tri Fold pattern for Halloween:


Used black card stock for the card stock base and different patterned papers for the prints. For my card I used a spider embossing folder from Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby to emboss the front flap. I then used a corner rounder punch on the flap corners. Here is what this card looks like (before I put the big bug on it) to show the paper on the front of the card:


The tiny bug is a dollar punch from Mikes, the medium bug is a punch from EK Success, with the largest bug on the card front a punch from M Stewart. I used shiny black card stock from Hobby Lobby for the bugs. Put them on the card using glue dots. The "creepy" was made using my Slice machine and the Holidays Words and Expressions program and cut this out using black card stock from Mikes. Put the word on the orange circle using a glue pen. Here is a closer photo of the circle:


To keep the card flap closed I used the large bug and I put that on the card front using a pop dot so I could tuck the embossed flap under the bug -- here is the card front again:



Thanks again to Frenchie for sharing her card and such a good video for directions. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Neat card fold style Candee. Love them both, but of course I have to say the Halloween one is my favorite. Hugs, Brenda