Monday, July 7, 2014

Tri Fold Hello Card


Had watched a video on YouTube by Frenchiestamps "3 fold fun card" and decided to make one myself. This is an easy card to put together and can be used for birthdays, get well, thinking of you, and the like. Good use of smaller pieces of printed card stock as well.

To begin with you need a piece of card stock 4 1/4" x 11". With the long side at the top of your score board score this at 4 1/4" and again at 8 1/2". For the short flap I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder to emboss that flap only. I used a 2 1/2" circle punch to make the circle at the the top of my card for the scallop piece to show through. If you should watch her video you will see how she punched her piece -- I made sure my card stock was in the punch as far as it could go and then I punched my circle.  Using the bone folder I now creased all my scored lines.

For the floral card stock on the card front I cut a piece of printed card stock 4" x 4" and put that on the card front using the ATG.  Used the 2 3/8" circle punch for my green scalloped circle. Then used a smaller circle punch for my coral piece to go on the green scalloped circle and I put that together using the ATG.  Stamped a flower stamp onto scrap white/GP and cut that out with scissors. Used a small circle punch for my flower center and punched that out of the green printed card stock. Put the flower together and put that in the center of the scalloped circle using a large glue dot.



The "hello" is from the SU stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes. The actual stamps reads "hello baby" but I just inked the "hello" for my card. Stamped this onto white/GP and used the SU Bitty Banner die set to cut that out. Added green crystals and put the greeting on the flower/scallop piece using pop dots. I used the ATG and put adhesive on the lower half of the scallop to add it to the card --- you only need adhesive on the bottom of the scallop as you want the top scallop to be above the top of your card.

Once that was in place I used the corner rounder punch and rounded the corners of the front flap to the card that is the embossed piece. With this card you need something to keep the card closed so for my card I decided to use butterflies. I used two butterfly punches by M Stewart and added green crystals to that. Put them on the card using a pop dot so it is easy to open and close the front flap of the card.


An easy card to make since Frenchie has such a detailed video -- here is the card closed, opened, and flat:




Thanks to Frenchie for sharing this pattern and making the video. Easy card to make. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

This is a cool folding card Candee! I love the color combo. Hugs, Brenda