Sunday, August 17, 2014

Halloween Patchwork Card


Card stock base is black with a piece of pumpkin card stock for the front. Then used various Halloween printed card stocks for the front.

To make the card cut and score the black card stock base. Then cut the pumpkin card stock to the size you want for the card front. Cut a piece of black card stock to place your patchwork pieces on. I used a scalloped edge square punch -- approx 3/4" scalloped punch -- for the various pieces. Did a 'dry fit' of my pieces and then once I had them in the places I wanted and order I wanted I used double sided tape to put them on the black card front. Once they were all taped on the black I then used the ATG on the back of the black piece to put this on the pumpkin piece.

"Have a Booooutiful Halloween!" is a stamp from Hampton Arts and I used StazOn black ink for that. Stamped it onto white/GP card stock and used a tag die from Spellbinders to cut that out using the Cuttlebug. The black "Boo!" ribbon is from the stash. Once the ribbon and tag piece were on the front of the patchwork piece I then used the ATG and put these onto the black card stock base. Added sequins using glue dots. Using black and white twine I added a ghost charm that I cut out using the Halloween Charms die set from MFTstamps.com in the Cuttlebug. Here is a better photo of the ghost charm:


Easy card to put together but do a 'dry fit' first so you have the patchwork pieces laid out how you want them before you use your adhesive. TFL and YOLO

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I love Halloween. I love Halloween colors. I love all the fun of Halloween and I LOVE your card!!
Sandy xx

Brenda said...

I am loving all your Halloween cards and tags you have made Candee! They are all so fun and fabulous, I so love Halloween. Hugs, Brenda

Sandy said...

Oh I love this! Can I copy you AGAIN!!
Sandy xx