Saturday, August 30, 2014

Oval Starburst Halloween Card


Card stock base is pumpkin and the black print on the front is Graphic45. Used various Halloween prints to make the Starburst pattern. Used black card stock from Mikes to put the Starburst pattern on. Cut a sheet approx in half and used a ruler to make a line across the black card stock to start my Starburst pattern on. Cut my various prints 1 1/2" wide by 4" long. Then used the trimmer to cut this piece from the top corner to the bottom as shown in this photo:


Once all my prints were cut I laid them out into the pattern I wanted to use. Used the ATG and ran that over the black card stock above my pencil line for my adhesive. Put my pieces on this and used my wall paper seam roller to go over the placed pieces to be sure they stuck to the black card stock:


Used an oval die to cut out the oval and then used the next larger oval die and cut out a piece of black card stock from Mikes. Once my printed papers were cut into the oval I used black ink and sponged the edges of my oval piece:


Once my edges were sponged I used the ATG to add adhesive to the back of the Starburst oval and put this on the black oval. The ghost is a Sizzix die and I cut this out of glittered white card stock:


Stamped "BOO" onto white card stock and punched that out using the Word Window punch. Used the Modern Label punch for the pumpkin piece behind the "BOO" and put this on the card front using a glue dot. Used pop dots for the ghost to add dimension to the card front. Here is the card again:


Totally different look using the oval to cut out the Starburst piece --- here is the last card I had used the Starburst pattern on using the pattern in the standard way:


This is a good pattern to use if you have scraps you want to use out or maybe some card stocks that you may not really like. Just do a layout of your pattern before you make your project and it goes together quickly. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

What a great idea to cut the star burst pattern into a shape. Love that idea Candee and I love your cute boo card. Hugs, Brenda