Sunday, August 24, 2014

Too cute to spook treat holders --


These are two treat holders for Halloween/BOO day -- black card stock was used for the holders. Used the Petal Cone die for these holders. Had seen them made up by Angie Leach and they are cute holders.

Used the black card stock and cut out two of the Petal Cone pieces. Trimmed the curved sides and across the top of the holders to make the coffin shape. For the holder on the left I used the Solid Stars embossing folder from Craft Concepts to emboss it. Then used ribbon from the stash to tie around the top. Made a knot and put a mini glue dot behind the knot to keep the ribbon in place.

For the little mummy guy I used the Frightfully Fun Holiday stamp set from Close To My Heart and stamped him on white card stock using StazOn black ink. I stamped him twice so I could layer him. Once he was stamped I used a circle punch and punched him out. Then used a larger circle punch and punched out a black circle. Then punched out an orange scalloped circle and put the mummy piece on that. Added black crystals from the stash to this.

Also from that same stamp set I stamped "scared silly" and punched that out using the Word Window punch. Using scissors I cut out the second mummy and put him on top of the other stamped mummy using pop dots. Trimmed my greeting label and put that under the cut out mummy using a glue dot. Put the scalloped mummy piece on the coffin treat holder using glue dots. Here is a better photo of this holder:


And for the second holder:


Again used the black card stock and cut out a Petal Cone piece. Trimmed off the curves at the top and top sides to make the coffin shape. For the ghost I used textured card stock and cut him out using a ghost die from QuicKutz. For the "boo" I again used the Close To My Heart Frightfully Fun Holiday stamp set. Used the Word Window and then the Modern Label punches for that. Candy corn ribbon is from the stash. For this treat holder I used the Spider Webs embossing folder from the Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby.

These treat holders go together quickly and are something different than the normal holiday Tootsie Pop holders and nugget holders. Good for favors for the office or kids classroom or table markers. TFL and YOLO

3 comments:

mamawcindy said...

Your Treat Boxes are Sooktacular! I am working on my Grandsons Halloween Card and is going to have Dracula on It. Thought one of these would be the perfect Treat Box to go with It. Thanks for Sharing and Happy Day to you. :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

These treat holders are super cute Candee, a perfect way to share those little treats with the little cute goblins in our lives. Hugs, Brenda

Sandy said...

These are too cute to spook! Don't change just love Halloween!!!
Sandy xx