Saturday, September 20, 2014

Autumn Grid Works Card


This card is on a card stock base of Pumpkin Pie with speckled cream card stock for the card front. The leaves paper is an older pattern from Provo Craft. Used the Sizzix Grid Works die to cut out the leaf squares. This grid die has 9 squares on it --- 3 across and 3 down. Did not want to make a larger card than this so I used 6 grid squares for my card.

Do not have a local scrapbooking store -- just the big box craft stores -- so I had to buy my Sizzix Grid Works die on Ebay as none of the local big box stores had this die in stock.

Found it better to use this die with waxed paper -- so your die is cut side up, then waxed paper over the die, and then your card stock. The waxed paper makes your pieces release easier from the die. Once my squares were cut out I cut out larger squares from Pumpkin Pie card stock using a square punch. Then used a scalloped square punch for the green scalloped squares.

For the greeting tag --- Used the Spellbinders Simply Charmed die set to cut out the banner. For the greeting I used markers on the stamp and stamped that onto scrap speckled card stock -- the stamp reads "Happy fall to all" but I only wanted to use the "Happy fall" on the stamp. Used the markers and the huff method to stamp my greeting.

Used a button from the button jar and jute/twine for the bow on the button. My jute/twine was too thick for my bow so I just untwisted the jute/twine and used one strand for the bow on the button. Really like this leaf patterned card stock as it shows all the colours of Fall and the different leaf shapes. TFL and YOLO

No comments: