Thursday, September 25, 2014

Black, White, and BOO Card


Card is on a card stock base of black, gray for the card front, and both the chevron and ghost printed card stocks are from Hobby Lobby. For the layout of this card I used the MFT Blueprints 18 die set. Since both the chevron and ghost printed card stocks have a directional pattern I had to do a bit of planning for the card front.

To begin with since the Blueprints 18 die set cuts the card stock at angles I had to decide if I wanted the shorter side of the angled chevron  piece to be by the side fold of the card or on the opening side of the card. I decided I wanted the shorter side of the chevron print near the fold of the card. Therefore I had to cut my die cut angled pieces with the die on the backside of my card stock. Once the chevron and ghost prints were cut out using the die pieces I then butted the angled edges to each other and taped them together on the back using regular tape.

The die cut pieces did not allow for a matting behind them so after they were taped together I used the trimmer and trimmed them 1/4" all the way around (1/8" on each side and top and bottom) to allow room for the gray card stock on the card front. Once I had the prints trimmed I put them onto the gray card stock using the ATG. Then cut out a piece of black card stock using another die in that die set and put white card stock behind it and used the ATG to put this across the card front over the part of the printed piece where the chevron and ghost card stocks meet.

For the BOO I used an older SU stamp set Autumn Apparitions that I just bought used for $5.00. I used StazOn black ink for that. Stamped it onto scrap white card stock. Punched it out using a circle punch. Then used the next size larger circle punch and punched out a black circle and then a scalloped circle punch was used for the gray piece behind the BOO.

Across the top of the card I used the Goop punch from M Stewart on scrap black card stock and put this on the card front using the ATG. Here is a better photo to show more of the details:


Put the BOO on the card front using glue dots. The Blueprint dies from MFT are perfect if you need to make a card up quick -- they have many parts and the dies are basically the layout of the card so very little planning is needed except choosing your card stocks. TFL and YOLO

No comments: