Saturday, September 6, 2014

Christmas Pine Cone Wreath Card


Card stock base is red, green for the front, and then cream for the wreath piece. Used the SU Pines and Poinsettias stamp set I bought used for this card. Punched out a 3 1/2" circle from scrap card stock and traced around this circle on the cream piece with a light pencil line. Then I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig tool and inked my pine cone stamp and stamped it on the plastic sheet that comes with the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig tool. This will help when I stamp my pine cones around my circle.

Once I stamped my pine cone on the plastic sheet I cleaned the stamp. Used a brown marker, two green markers, and a red marker for my stamp using the "huff method". Huffed and stamped the stamp on the pencil circle line. Again using the markers on the stamp I stamped this again on the pencil circle line across from the first stamped image being sure to stamp the stamp upside down  so as the pine cones get stamped around the wreath they will all be going in the stamp direction. Using this size circle I inked and stamped the pine cone stamp 6 times:



After all my pine cones were stamped in the circle shape then I cleaned my stamp -- here is the stamp after I did all my stamping using the markers for ink:


But I cleaned it using my stamp cleaner 1/2 water to 1/2 Simple Green in a spray bottle and here is the stamp now:


To fill in my wreath between my pine cones I inked just the larger sprig on the stamp and stamped that onto the plastic Stamp-A-Ma-Jig sheet and used that to position where I would stamp my sprigs. Once they were on the wreath I set the wreath piece aside. Using the Sizzix Borders die set I cut out a scalloped red piece. Before I put the wreath piece onto the green piece I used the pencil eraser and took off some of the pencil line you could easily see on the wreath. Then I put the wreath piece and the scalloped red piece on the green piece and then put these onto the red card stock base. Using a bow punch from M Stewart I punched out a bow from scrap red card stock. Added a red pearl to the center of the bow and then put the bow on the bottom of the wreath.

This card is inspired by a card by Joanne who also used this stamp set for her wreath. Have seen wreaths made using the penciled circles using many stamp sets and it is an easy card to make as long as you do a little planning before you stamp -- TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful card Candee. Your wreath is just beautiful! Hugs, Brenda