Saturday, September 20, 2014

Falling Leaves Card


Card stock base is speckled card stock. Used a green piece for the front of the card and a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock is across the card front.

For my leaf piece on the front I cut a piece of speckled card stock to the size I wanted. Used a leaf stamp from the SU Gently Falling stamp set ** and stamped my leaf on the Pumpkin Pie ink pad. Then gently inked the edges of the leaf by stamping that on the Really Rust ink pad. Using a small spritzer I spritzed water onto the stamp and then stamped that onto the lower left front of my speckled card stock:


Using the Really Rust ink I stamped "leaves are falling" from a stamp from Hobby Lobby. Using the speckled stamp from the SU Gorgeous Grunge stamp set I inked that using the Pumpkin Pie ink and randomly stamped that all over the leaf piece.

Once I had all the stamping done I cut a piece of rust card stock larger than my speckled piece and put those together using the ATG. For the corners of this piece I used my SU template and piercing tool. Using the button die from The Stamps of Life I cut out a rust button using the Cuttlebug and added a bow using gold twine.

To put the card together --- cut and scored the speckled card stock for the card base, cut the green card stock for the card front. Using a 1" strip of Pumpkin Pie card stock I put that on the green card stock using the ATG. Then put these pieces onto the speckled card stock base using the ATG. Once I had used the piercing tool for my corners I put pop dots behind the stamped leaf piece and put that on the card front at an angle. TFL and YOLO  ** Stampin Up has TWO stamp sets titled Gently Falling and I used the newer set for my card -- so if you are searching for this stamp set on the internet or on Ebay just know there are two different stamp sets with this title.

No comments: