Saturday, September 27, 2014

FIle Folder Candy Holder


Had seen the video on YouTube File Folder Card by ChicnScratch and made up a File Folder Card. But then saw that starlightstamper.com took this idea a little further so today I will share that project on the blog. This is a File Folder Candy Holder and it holds a full size Hershey Chocolate Candy Bar.

To begin with if you watch the video by ChicnScratch you will get the basics as to how to make the folder tabs on your card stock using your Envelope Punch Board. On the blog of starlightstamper.com she explains the measurements and I will type them here as well explaining my File Folder Candy Holder:

Cut the black card stock 6" wide by 7 3/4" long. With the long side at the top of the score board score this piece at 3 1/4" and again at 3 1/2". For the decorative paper on the front of my holder I just cut a piece approx 6" wide by 3 9/16". Put the decorative card stock on the shorter front side of the black card stock base using the ATG. Once this was done I took this black card stock base to the Envelope Punch Board and made the two tabs for my holder. (The video shows how to do this).

Set this black piece aside. Here is a photo of the inside of this candy holder to show the 'pocket' the candy bar will fit into:


To begin with I cut the pumpkin card stock 6 1/2" x 1 3/4" (I made my strip higher than the actual directions state). Once your pumpkin strip is cut score this with the long side at the top of the score board at 1/4", 1/2", and again at 6" and 6 1/4". Use the bone folder to crease the score lines. While this piece is unattached and flat I used the Happy Halloween stamp from the SU stamp set Autumn Apparitions and stamped that on the front. Then using a ruler I made a light pencil line for the placement of my black and white checkered Washi tape. Put the tape on this piece while it is opened and flat.

After my tape was on I then used red sticky tape and put the pumpkin piece in the holder with the pumpkin piece just above the scored line. Using the MFT die set Spooky Scene I cut out a white ghost and a black bat -- the black bat is shiny black card stock.  Put these onto the pumpkin piece using glue dots. Now that the 'pocket' is inside the card I had to make my tab greeting.

Using scrap pumpkin card stock I used a stamp from Morningstarstamps.com "Trick or Treat" and stamped it using StazOn black ink. Using the SU Rounded Tab Punch I punched the greeting into a tab. Scored the center of the punched out tab and used the bone folder on that scored line. Used glue dots to put the greeting tab onto the holder and then used two black crystals from the stash for that.

For the front of my holder I used the SU stamp set House of Haunts and stamped the tree/owl stamp onto white card stock. Used a circle punch to cut that out. Then used a 3/4" circle punch and punched out a circle from scrap card stock. Put this scrap piece, with the 3/4" circle punched out, over the tree/owl piece and sponged a dark yellow ink on the piece --- removed that scrap piece and that gave me the moon. Used gray ink and sponged the edges of this tree/owl circle. Used a larger circle punch for the black and then a larger circle punch for the pumpkin circle. Put the tree/owl piece onto the black circle and then onto the pumpkin circle. Put this on the treat holder front using large glue dots.

Added my full size Hershey Chocolate Candy Bar and the project is done --- this holder looks far more difficult than it really is --- watch the video and follow the steps from 'starlight' and it goes together easily.

Another great idea using the Envelope Punch Board and just goes to show -- you can use this tool for far more than just making an envelope to match your card . . . .  Thanks to the ladies for sharing their ideas for great projects using this tool --- :0)   TFL and YOLO

No comments: