Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Happy Turkey Day Card


This is a cute little card I just made using three GREAT products from Stephanie Barnard. She is the owner/founder of "TSOL" which is The Stamps Of Life.com. Stephanie stresses two very important things to me, as a crafter. #1-- ALL of her stamps/dies are made in the USA  #2 -- She totally understands our crafting budgets and many of her stamp sets and dies are interchangeable --- such as the stamps used for this card.

This little guy is made using two of TSOL stamp sets --- "turkey2stamp" and "butterfly2build". She also sells the die I used to cut my turkey out.

To begin with this turkey is a good size so I decided to make him the card --- cut and scored a piece of brown card stock for the card base. Then I used painters tape and taped my turkey die so his center wing edge of the die was just off the fold --- using brown ink I stamped the turkey stamp onto cream card stock. Then cut the stamped turkey out using the turkey die in the Cuttlebug. This photo is hard to see but a small piece of the cream card stock base the turkey is stamped on is just over the top fold of the card:


After I had stamped the turkey stamp onto the cream card stock I used the dotted wing stamp piece from the butterfly2build stamp set and stamped that using a lighter brown ink. Then used a rust ink and stamped the striped stamp from the turkey2stamp stamp set on the upper part of the turkey feathers. Using the turkey die set I cut out the turkey body using the turkey die set.  For the eyes and beak on my turkey I used a small circle punch for his eyes and free hand cut the beak. Used a glue pen to put his face on.

The "Happy Bird-Day" is a stamp also from the turkey2stamp stamp set. Stamped it in the same dark brown ink I had used to stamp my turkey body and used a banner die to cut that out in the Cuttlebug. I did not have small enough crystals so I used a very small circle punch and punched out six circles to put on the banner. Here is a photo of the card open so you can see the shape of the card. This card stands upright and does not tip over:



And the card again:


Simple card to make and thanks to Stephanie not only for American made products but interchangeable as well!  TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Awww, this card is to cute Candee! Hugs, Brenda