Sunday, September 7, 2014

Holiday Sled Card


Supplies for this card:

SU red card stock
SU green card stock
GP white card stock
PTI Kraft card stock
SU Close to Cocoa ink

Stamps:   SU Pines and Poinsettias
                SU Hardwood
         Mega Mount Acrylic Block

Sizzix/SU Designer Frames Embossing Folder
SU Label Framelits die set
Cuttlebug

1/4" circle punch
SU large oval punch
Red Stickles
Red ribbon

To begin with used the Mega Block to stamp the SU Hardwood stamp onto Kraft card stock from PTI. (Paper Trey Ink). Used SU Close to Cocoa ink for that:



Once stamped I used a cookie tin and a pencil to make a slight curve at the top of the stamped image:


Then used the paper trimmer to cut apart the stamped strips -- once they were cut to the size I wanted (width wise) I used scissors to cut at the pencil lines. This gave me the curved edges for the sled top. Then I used the Close to Cocoa ink and sponged all the edges of the four strips I was using for my sled. I also sponged the curved ends of my pieces. Used two thinner stamped strips for the cross pieces of the sled that the longer strips fit on. I used glue dots to assemble the sled and then used the trimmer to trim off the ends of my two cross pieces as well as the straight edge of the sled pieces. Once again used the ink to sponge all the now cut pieces.

Used the 1/4" circle punch for the "nail heads" on the sled --- for the top and the bottom of the slat pieces. Used glue dots to put those on the sled. Using thin red ribbon I cut a piece of that and put that on the back of the sled piece for the rope on the sled for a handle. Here is a better photo of these circles:


Using markers and the huff method I stamped the pine cone stamp from the SU Pines and Poinsettias stamp set onto white/GP card stock. Punched that out using the SU large oval punch. Using scrap red card stock I used the SU Designer Frames oval embossing folder and embossed that in the Cuttlebug. Then I used the SU Label Framelits and cut that out. Put the stamped oval onto the embossed red frame piece and then added a bow.

Cut and scored the red card stock for the card stock base. Cut a piece of the green card stock for the card front. Used the ATG to put these together. Using pop dots I put the sled on the card front. Used pop dots behind my stamped label as well. Once that was on the card front I then used red Stickles for the berries on the stamped image.

Another good use from the SU Hardwood background stamp -- have used it to make an Easter basket just by stamping it and then cutting the stamped image apart and weaving the pieces back together and using a die to cut it into a basket shape. The Mega Mount Acrylic Block helps to give you a good image when stamping the larger cling background stamps. With this card I can easily add a greeting tag by the stamped area before mailing it out. TFL and YOLO

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh my gosh Candee, I love your sled card! I will have to try making a sled myself, it's just so dang cute!! Hugs, Brenda

facsmom said...

I recently wove strips of hardwood stamped strips to make a picnic basket. I used brads to make moveable handles. It was cute! I even used DSP to make a "fabric liner"

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Super cute!!!

deborah james said...

i love this and something different for Christmas . im waiting for my wood stamp hope to have that next week, im going to try this. thank you so much for sharing your idea.

Colinda said...

I love it! Gonna try to make one!
Thanks for the great tutorial!
Enjoy your week, Colinda

Twins Mom said...

Where can I purchase the stamps ank ink to create this wonderful card?

Candee said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments on the sled card and for your visit to my blog. Cute idea facsmom about the picnic basket with brads -- thanks for sharing that. For Twins Mom -- the Stampin Up set Pines and Poinsettias I used for the stamped image on the red on the sled is retired but you can buy both that set and the Hardwood stamp on Ebay. Usually there are more than one sellers for these items so you can sometimes find really good deals. Thanks again everyone and happy holidays! Candee P

Joanie said...

Very cute and a fresh take on using the Hardwood stamp, can't wait to try it.