Monday, September 29, 2014

Washi Bday Card


Card stock base is pink, a lighter pink for the front, and white'GP for the card front. Using the Stampin Up Gorgeous Grunge stamp set I used a splatter stamp and inked that, stamped it off onto scrap card stock, and then stamped it onto my white/GP front. As I stamped that I kept turning the stamp. Once that was done I used a pencil and a ruler and made a light pencil line across the front of the white/GP card stock. This line is needed to keep the placement of the Washi tape straight.

Using three different Washi tapes that all have pink I put them across the card front piece. Using the Handwritten die set from Little B I cut out the two "happy birthday" words. Then put them above and below the Washi tape using a glue pen.

Here is a closer photo to show the splatter stamp:


Quick and easy card to put together --- just be sure that when you put the Washi tape on the card stock that you put the tape right next to each other so you will not have a gap between the tape patterns. TFL and YOLO

2 comments:

Brenda said...

What a pretty birthday card Candee! Hugs, Brenda

MaryH said...

I am so loving this CAS card. That washi is so pretty the way you've done it, and I'm liking the dies too! It's lovely. TFS & Hugs