Saturday, October 18, 2014

Holiday Stars Card


Card is inspired by Papercraft Inpirations Magagzine. Used 110# weight card stock from Mikes for the card stock base. The red is also Mikes with the green dotted and green striped card stocks from Hobby Lobby. Green gross grain ribbon is from the stash. Used a star punch from Marvy for my stars, Wavy Banner dies from MFT,  (My Favorite Things), Washi tapes from the stash.

To begin with I cut and scored the white card stock base. Cut the red card stock for the card front.Set these aside.  Cut the green pieces for the card front and put those together and set them aside. For the stars panel I cut my PTI, (Paper Trey Ink), Kraft card stock to the size I wanted to use. Then cut a piece of white/GP to be behind the Kraft card stock. Using a Marvy star punch I punched out two stars from the Kraft card stock. Used a corner rounder punch at the top of the punched Kraft piece only. Then laid this punched piece over the white/GP piece. Using a pencil I used a light hand to trace the star shapes --- this will help me to put the Washi tape on the stars so I am not covering the whole white/GP piece with the tape and wasting it:


For the Washi tape pieces I used scissors to cut my tape pieces to the width size I wanted. Put the Washi tape pieces next to each other over my penciled star shapes --- being sure my tape edges touched so there are no gaps between the pieces. Once the penciled stars were covered on the white/GP I then put the Kraft punched card stock piece over the white/GP piece using the ATG.

For the greeting "Happy Holidays" I used a stamp from the Stampendouse stamp set Holiday Messages and stamped that at the bottom of the punched Kraft piece using red ink. Used a white gel pen and made lines around the stars and the corners of my Kraft piece.

Using a piece of green ribbon from the stash I tied the ribbon around the bottom of the Kraft piece. Used a longer piece of ribbon to put across the green card front pieces. Using the ATG I put the green pieces onto the red card stock and then put these onto the white card stock base. Using pop dots I put the punched Kraft piece onto the card front.

Punched out a Kraft card stock star for the right front of the card.Used the white gel pen to go around all my stars.  Used scrap white/GP card stock and put two small pieces of the Washi tape on those. Used the MFT Wavy Banner die and cut out two of the Washi tape banners for the card front. Put the banners on the card front using mini glue dots. Put the Kraft card stock star on top of the banners. Then punched out a small star of left over red Washi tape that I had used for the Wavy Banner piece. Put this Washi tape star in the middle of the Kraft star using a mini glue dot. TFL and YOLO  Here is the card again:


No comments: