Saturday, October 25, 2014

Layered Pumpkin Card


Card stock base is 110# weight cream card stock from Mikes. Used a light brown for the card front. The pumpkin ribbon is from AC Moore. For the stem I used a pumpkin die set from Paper Trey Ink. The leaf was made using the pumpkin die from Elizabeth Craft and the vine/swirl is from a border punch from EK Success. "Blessings" is a small stamp from Stampin Up. Used the Spellbinders Charmed I'm Sure tag die set to cut the greeting out in the Cuttlebug.

For the pumpkin pieces I used an oval punch from Paper Shapers and punched out five ovals from pumpkin coloured card stock. Using five different background stamps I stamped each oval using a pumpkin ink. Then I sponged the edges of the ovals. Put the pumpkin ovals together ** using glue dots to make my pumpkin.  (** Before I put the front center oval on the pumpkin I tucked my Blessings tag behind the oval piece and then attached it to the front of the oval pumpkin pieces). Cut out the green stem and sponged the edges of that and used a glue dot to attach that to the pumpkin. Used a glue dot to attach the leaf and used a glue pen for the vine/swirl.

Using the ATG I put the brown card stock front onto the cream card stock base. Used red sticky tape across the card front and added my pumpkin print ribbon. Then put the pumpkin/greeting piece on the card front using large glue dots.

For the brown mesh at the top of the pumpkin near the stem I used brown mesh that covered a dog bone that I just bought for the dog -- the bone inside is wrapped in plastic with the brown mesh over that. I cut a piece of the mesh a bit larger than what I wanted and then used a brad to hold that together --- once the brad was on the mesh I then trimmed it to the size I wanted. Used a glue dot to attach the mesh piece to the pumpkin:



Usually when I use ovals to make my pumpkins I use small oval punches and most of my pumpkins are made using only three ovals. But this oval punch is so large I decided to use five ovals to make the pumpkin seem larger.  TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Jan said...

Impressive, as always. The mesh is such a great idea...love everything about this card!