Saturday, November 29, 2014

Christmas Pines Card


Had seen the video by Linda Millan on her blog -- stampwithcynthia.blogspot.com for her Shimmery Pines card. Of course I do not have the stamp set she used for her card and I am not about to buy one more stamp set that I have other stamps similar to but I did do everything else as her video instructs.

My card stock base is Crumb Cake and the card front is Very Vanilla. For my pine cones and evergreen branches I used the SU stamp set Watercolor Winter. I cut and scored my Crumb Cake card stock base and sponged the edges of the front of the card using the Early Expresso ink. Set that aside.

Cut my Very Vanilla card stock piece 4" x 5 1/4". Stamped the evergreen branches using Always Artichoke ink. Used the Early Expresso ink for the pine cones. Once those were stamped I used a Hero Arts clear stamp set of various greetings for the "Merry Christmas" and stamped that on the lower part of the card using the Early Expresso ink.

Used the Early Expresso ink and sponged the edges and onto the card front. Covered this stamped card front with VersaMark ink. Then covered that using the SU Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat set the embossing powder. Here are photos that show the shimmer on this card front:



Linda had put her card front onto her card stock base using pop dots but I put my card front on my card stock base using the ATG. Thanks to Linda for sharing her card and making a quick video to show this technique. The camera does not do it justice tho. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Not sure if I saw the same video but yours looks similar to the one I saw with all the SU sparkly stuff. I've just gotten that pine stamp (and yes, I did have another similar one!). YOu did a fantastic job on this card. Love the vintage look & that is a pretty pine needle stamp too. Well done. Hope you got your Sat. chores done. I cleaned house. Mr. arrived home safely. TFS & Hugs