Saturday, November 29, 2014

Cobbler Christmas Card


Another card using the technique from Linda Millan -- this time the card stock base is Cherry Cobbler and I used the holly/berries stamp from the SU Watercolor Winter stamp set. The greeting is Hero Arts and that is from a clear stamp set of various greetings.

Cut and scored the Cherry Cobble card stock base. Sponged the edges of the card front using Basic Brown ink. Set it aside. Cut a piece of white/GP card stock 4" x 5 1/4". Stamped the holly/berries stamp using the Basic Brown ink. Then used the second holly/berries stamp from that set (the filler stamp) and I used a Wild Wasabi marker on the holly leaves only and using the huff method I stamped that over the holly/berries stamped area. Using a red marker I coloured in the berries.

Stamped the Merry Christmas greeting using the Cherry Cobbler ink onto the bottom of my stamped piece. Using the brown ink I sponged the edges and into the front of the stamped piece. Using VersaMark ink I inked the whole stamped piece and put SU Iridescent Ice embossing powder all over the stamped piece covering it all --- and then tapped off the excess embossing powder. Using the heat gun I heated the embossing powder until it was set. The camera does not capture the shimmer and shine of this card but I will try to show it:



An easy technique that gives the card front a lot of sparkle and shine. Thanks to Linda for sharing her card and her video. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Ooh, I like this one too! A great impressive technique with all that sparkle. TFS