Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving to You and Yours - - -


Happy Thanksgiving to my blog followers (thank you!) and all my daily "Lookie Loos" that visit often. Whether you are planning a holiday meal or planning your shopping strategy for the weekend enjoy yourselves as our holiday season begins.

Here are photos of things I made for the gals at work for Thanksgiving:

Began with two tags -- Used the Sizzix Tags, Scalloped #2 die and cut out the tags using the Kraft card stock from PTI (Paper Trey Ink). Used background stamps and stamped the tags. Then for this first tag I used a stamp from MorningstarStamps.com and used a small Marvy oval punch for my pumpkin pieces:


Once the pumpkin pieces were punched out I used various background stamps and stamped the ovals and then sponged the edges of those and put three ovals together for the little pumpkins. Used two small circle punches to make the 'ring' around the hole at top of the tag and I used the Kraft card stock for that. Put that ring over the hole using a glue pen. Added twine and this tag was done.

For the second tag I used a circle punch, a Marvy flower punch, and a scalloped circle punch and made my turkey from scraps of card stock --


Added wiggle eyes and the turkey was done -- for his beak I used one of the petals from the flower and his wattle I used a small heart punch. For "gobble" I stamped that onto scrap cream card stock and used a banner die to cut that out. Tucked it under the turkey on the tag and put that on there using a small glue dot. Added ribbon and twine from the stash to the tag top.

Since Thanksgiving is about food I decided to give the gals food treats -- went to the dollar store and picked up small jars and these jars are what the tags are for. Made a batch of White Trash and a batch of Bellybuttons and that is what is in the jars:


Since the jars are glass and I had to take them to work and they would be taking them home I wanted a simple way of packaging these to travel. Used three small boxes and brown paper shred from the dollar store and card board between the jars and here they are:


And of course being a holiday we all would like new holiday jewelry so I made us all Turkey pins:


Well, Tom (the turkey) is waiting for me in the kitchen along with my baking list --- everyone enjoy your holiday and be safe!  TFL and YOLO

2 comments:

MaryH said...

These are adorable, and your coworkers will be so thrilled to have such loving goodness from you. Well done, and Happy Thanksgiving to you & W. Have a great day. Hugs & TFS

Anonymous said...

Hi Candee, these are so inviting and cute. Fortunate are your co-workers to have treats that I have never heard of. Handmade gifts are the best as far as I am concerned. Am sure you and yours have spent a wonderful Thanksgiving together. Thanks again for sharing.
Hugs and smiles, Reva