Sunday, November 30, 2014

Washi Christmas Tree Card


Card stock base is Mikes 110# weight card stock. Green is from SU. Used various washi tapes for the tree pieces. Tree is a die from MFT (My Favorite Things) and that is the Christmas Tree Cutout die. For the "merry" I used the PTI (PaperTreyInk) die Wonderful Words.

To begin with I cut and scored the white card stock base from Mikes. Cut out the green card stock to the size I needed for the card front. Picked out the washi tapes I wanted to use for my card -- as you can see the bottom washi tape -- green checks -- you can see through as well as the holly tape near the tree top. For this reason I decided I needed to use white card stock for my washi taped pieces. I then cut out a piece of white/GP card stock using the tree die. The white tree pieces are what I put my washi tapes on. Once the tapes were on I trimmed the excess washi tape off each tree piece.

Put the tree die on the green card stock and I used painters tape to hold the die on the card stock so that the tree die would stay in place. Once the green tree was cut out I removed the die and cut pieces as this cut out is the foundation for my washi tape tree.

Using the ATG I put adhesive in the center of the front of my white card stock base. Then I used the ATG and put the green tree cut out piece onto the white card stock front. Now I put all the washi taped pieces on the green tree piece. Using a small Marvy star punch I punched out a gold star and put that on the card front using a glue dot.

The "merry" was cut out using the PTI word die and I cut that out of white glittered card stock from Hobby Lobby -- here is a better photo to show the glitter on that piece:


Easy card to put together and another use for my holiday washi tapes. TFL and YOLO

No comments: