Saturday, December 6, 2014

Santa Sack It Treat Holder


Finally broke down and bought the Sack It Die from Taylored Expressions and this is the Santa Sack It set. This is the base of the Sack It series as this one comes with the 'bag' and all the other Sack It die sets have pieces to make this something else -- she has a reindeer die set, a turkey die set, bunny die set, etc and they all work with this bag die.

For my treat bag I used red card stock for the bag, flocked white card stock for the front of Santa's coat, and for the buttons and black belt I used shiny black card stock. The first belt I cut out I put the die on the wrong side of the shiny card stock and my piece had all these crease lines on it so I cut out a second belt with the die piece being on the shiny side of the card stock and it came out smooth after it was cut out. Here is a photo of the two belts I had cut out:


I used shiny gold card stock for the belt buckle and this photo shows off the shine of the buckle:


To cut out the scalloped white flocked card stock I used a die from a borders die set by Spellbinders. Once I cut out two bag pieces from the red card stock -- one piece for the bag front and the other for the bag back -- I used a bone folder to crease my scored lines the die makes. I then put the flocked white scallop piece down the front of the bag using the ATG. I wanted to add that while my bag was unassembled and flat. Once that was on I used red sticky tape to put the bag together. Then I added my buckle to the black belt and I put that on the bag front and added two shiny buttons using glue dots.

This die cuts nicely and has a few pieces other than the bag. So I do not loose pieces I kept the die on my ArtBin magnetic sheet while I was cutting out the bag pieces and accessory pieces. But I marked the die pieces after they were cut apart so I know how many pieces I have to this die set:


Since this Sack It die set has the bag die I labeled all the pieces A and then the number and then a second set of numbers. IE: The belt piece is A5 and it is 3 of 5 die pieces. These are small and I did not want to loose them so keeping them on my magnetic sheet while I was cutting pieces out worked out well. The die pieces are all attached when you get the die set but can be snipped apart which is what I did.

This bag goes together well and I already have the reindeer and the turkey dies that go with this bag so I am sure I will get a lot of use from this set. TFL and YOLO

No comments: