Friday, January 9, 2015

After Christmas Sales and Loot


This first product I will talk about is the Tag Builder Blueprints 2 from MFT -- AKA My Favorite Things and it is a tag die set. I had tried to order this die set before Thanksgiving but was always told it was on back order -- and understandably so. This die set is a must have set for any serious card maker and esp if you like to make your own tags:


This die set is a "one stop shopping" set. You have three different tag dies -- the rectangle, the banner/flag, and the scalloped tag die. Then it also has three different dies for the top of your tag so you can easily customize your tag. Also it has the "ring" dies for the circle you would put around the hole in the tag top --- this photo is a tag I made with other products but it shows the red circle I made for my tag and I used two different circle punches for my "ring":


Again the new tag die set from MFT:


On the far right side of this photo are four additional dies to be used with the tag die set: "To", "From", a candy cane and a tree die. MFT also sells their dies on magnetic sheets which is nice for storage as well.  I was unable to buy this tag die set for this past Christmas since it was always on back order but the day after Christmas MFT had a 25% off sale so I ordered this right away and I am sure I will get a lot of use from this set alone -- so many options all in one set and well worth the wait and then the 25% savings as well.

Meanwhile Stampin Up was also running a clearance sale and I was able to pick up the following stamp sets on clearance:


Both Cheerful Christmas and Mingle All the Way are readily available to any stamper to buy but the last set "Good Greetings" is a Hostess set and you "earn" that with sales and such. Used to be if you wanted to buy a Hostess and you could not "earn" it by having a party or large sales and such that you had to resort to looking for it on Craigs List or even Ebay --- so happy me that I was able to buy this Hostess set on clearance -- here is the Cheerful Christmas stamp set:

and then the Mingle All the Way:


and this set has a stamp for BOO Day (Halloween), Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's so a nice set to have. And this is my favorite set the Hostess Good Greetings stamp set:


Lots of nice words/phrases in this stamp set and happy that not only could I buy it from Stampin Up but also at a good price. So what Santa forgot I was able to locate -- ;0)     TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was on the fence about that tag set……..but i just ordered it looking at what you posted. :) I can hardly wait to get it and start playing with it.

Cathy