Friday, January 16, 2015

Flap Over Tootsie Pop Holder


These are two Tootsie Pop holders I made for Valentine's. In the past when I have made the holders for Tootsie Pops my holders are strips of card stock that are scored, folded and tied on to the lollipop stick with a ribbon. But these two holders have a top flap over the holder.

To make this holder I used a piece of 2" wide card stock by 9" long and you score this piece with the long edge at the top of the score board at 3 1/2", 4 1/2", and again at 8". Use the bone folder to crease your scored lines.

For the black holder on the left in the photo I used printed card stock from Hobby Lobby for the holder front and the flap front. For the hearts print on the holder front I cut that at 3 1/4" long by 1 3/4". For the black and white dotted card stock for the flap front I cut that 1 3/4" wide by 3/4".

To make the black holder I cut and scored the black card stock. Once scored I cut the heart print and put that on the holder front using the ATG. Then I cut the black/white dotted card stock and used the ATG to put that on the flap front. Once these pieces were on the holder I then used a 1/4" circle punch and punched off the edge of my closed holder to allow for the lollipop stick to go through:


Then I used a smaller circle punch and made two holes for my ribbons to go through. The ribbons hold the lollipop stick in the holder:


Here is a photo of the black holder:


Stamped the Valentine's greeting on scrap white card stock using the Cherry Red ink from Memories and cut that out using a trimmer. Put the Tootsie Pop in the holder using a large glue dot. Tied my holder closed with sheer red ribbon. Put the greeting under the front flap using a glue dot.

For this second holder:


I used red card stock. Rather than add printed card stock to the front I used the hearts embossing folder from the Sizzix Curlique and Hearts embossing folder set and embossed the front flap only. As usual with embossing I added a piece of white card stock under the red card stock and embossed them together. This gives the embossing a softer look and the second piece of card stock prevents the red piece from cracking or peeling from a too deep embossing folder.

Once I had the front (only) embossed on this holder I put the Tootsie Pop inside and tied the Love ribbon around the lollipop stick to close the holder. For the red glittered heart in the upper right corner of the flap I used red glittered wrapping paper that I put onto white/GP card stock using the ATG and then I used a heart punch to punch out the heart. Put that on the flap using a glue dot.

Both are easy holders to put together and a different look for a Tootsie Pop holder. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

lifesabeach32940 said...

Oh, Candee!! I was hoping to find a lollipop holder just like this!! Thank you for the instructions!! YOU ROCK!!