Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Holiday Thank You Card


This is a thank you card for a quilter friend that made us a couple of holiday quilted items for Christmas. Had seen the video by FrenchieStamps on YouTube and using items I had on hand this is my version of her card.

To begin with the textured tape across the front of the card is drywall tape that I picked up at the home  improvement store. This tape is sticky on one side and it is white. To put colour to it Frenchie used the SU Blendabilites markers that have alcohol ink. I do not have any of those so I used the Spectrum Noir alcohol markers I had bought awhile back at AC Moore on sale. To make this card:

First I took a piece of the drywall tape off the roll -- longer than what I would need for my card front and I put that onto a piece of copy paper from the printer. Using a marker I went over the drywall tape being sure it was all coloured:


It does not look very nice and even but do not worry about that. After I had that coloured I cut and scored my white 110# card stock from Mikes for my card stock base. Then used a piece of black card stock and cut that about 1/8" bigger than the white card stock base and using the ATG I put adhesive on the back of the white card stock base and then put this onto the black card stock. I used StazOn black ink and stamped a greeting inside the white card:


Closed the white card and peeled my coloured drywall tape off the copy paper and put it onto the front of my white card at an angle. Using my wallpaper seam roller I rolled over the drywall tape to be sure it adhered to the card front. Once that was on the card front I used scissors to trim my edges and then set that aside:



Using an older SU stamp set Fast and Fabulous I stamped my flower base stamp onto a piece of white card stock using StazOn black ink. Then for the filler flower stamp I used a stamp pad and inked that and stamped it onto the copy paper and then stamped over my image. Using the fine tip of a marker I added some darker colour to the flowers. Cut that piece to the size I wanted. Then I cut a piece of darker pink card stock to go under the white stamped image piece and then cut a piece of black card stock to go under that. Put these three pieces together using the ATG. Using a pearl pen I added a little shimmer to the center of the flowers. Used gross grain ribbon and tied a knot and put that on the stamped flower piece using a glue dot. Put the floral pieces on the white card front over the drywall tape using pop dots.

For the "thanks" I used a die set from Little B and cut that out using the Cuttlebug. Put it on the lower right card front using a glue pen. Easy card to put together and thanks to Frenchie for sharing her card and tips. TFL and YOLO

No comments: