Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Tag or Tie On


Had seen these Avery Key Tags made into Snowman Tags by Karen on her blog:
www.kraftingwithkaren.blogspot.com. As soon as I saw them I immediately thought of my two snowman face stamps from:  www.morningstarstamps.com. I have used my Morningstarstamps snowman face stamps for many things -- from Snuggets to snowman wrappers for Lifesaver candy rolls and etc:



The Snuggets are wrappers on a Hershey chocolate nugget candy and the photo below that shows the Lifesaver Snowmen. Using my small snowman face stamp from Morningstarstamps.com makes quick work of putting these treat holders together . . . . Stamped the snowman face with StazOn black ink and used an orange marker for the nose. . .  so was happy to see this next Tag or Tie On by Karen on her blog and happy to find another use for my small snowman face stamp:


If you go to Karen's blog on the right side bar is a section for "Tags". Click on that and her Primitive Snowman Tags are there. I did a lot of the things she described for her tags but then she suggested a hat and I changed up the scarf . . .  added a flower to the hat. . .  then a crystal . . . and the story goes. 

Here is how I made my Tag or Tie On:

Here is a photo of the Avery Key Tags from the office supply store and these have a Split Ring. You need them to have the split ring so you can remove the ring:


Here is a photo of two key tags -- one with the ring and one after I removed the ring:


Once the ring is removed I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig and stamped the Morningstarstamps small snowman face stamp using StazOn black ink. Once that was stamped I used the Stampin Up Round Tab Punch and punched out a black "hat" using black card stock. Fold it in half and used a bone folder to crease the fold -- this is the top of the "hat". But how to know where the hole is in the key tag to put the twine through?

Using red card stock to show this better here is the stamped key tag and the red "hat" piece:


I put the red "hat" over my stamped key tag and once I had it in place I opened the "hat" and used a pencil to make a circle on the red piece to mark where the key tag hole was. Removed the stamped key tag piece from the red piece and used a small circle punch and punched out the penciled circle for the hole. Once the one side of the red piece was punched I closed the red piece and turned it over and punched the small circle punch in the hole already made. (Remember on my actual Tag or Tie Ons the red piece is the black hat). 




Once I had the hole in the front and the back of the "hat" piece I folded it again and used mini glue dots to put the "hat" piece on the stamped key tag. Added a strip of coloured card stock to the hat and put that onto the hat using a glue pen. Snipped off the excess with scissors. Then I punched out a small flower and put that on the hat with a mini glue dot. Added a small clear crystal to the center of that. Put a piece of twine through the hole in the hat/key tag and tied it in a knot. Clipped the ends of the twine with scissors. 

Karen had sponged her snowman face and for my samples the snowman with the blue scarf is not sponged. I just used light pink ink on his cheeks. For the snowman with the red scarf I did sponge his face using light brown ink and then I put his pink cheeks on. Here is a photo to show these two different looks altho the camera does not really capture it ---


For the blue scarf I used the Stampin Up Word Window punch and for the red scarf I used the Stampin Up Modern Label punch. I have my snowman Tag or Tie On on top of the scarves rather than behind the scarves as Karen shows hers. Thanks to Karen for sharing a cute project and I am so happy I have another project I can use my Morningstarstamps snowman face stamps for --- :0)

Here are the Tag or Tie On snowmen again:


Since it is still snowing here today I thought I would get into the spirit of it all and make a snowman project for the weather.... TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

lifesabeach32940 said...

It is amazing how you consistently post projects that I would LOVE to try. Don't have the face you are referring to, but I'm pretty sure I have a Peachy Keen snowman face that will work!! :)

Thank you for the ONGOING, AWESOME inspiration!! Although I don't always post, I am NEVER disappointed when I visit!!



Judy