Friday, February 27, 2015

Bunny Bags


Had stumbled across these Easter treat bags on www.stitchedbycrystal.com so decided I would make a few to have for Easter treats and basket tuck-ins. Crystal shares her how-to's in photos and also has a fee pattern for these bunnies. Here are the first two I made:


Crystal used embroidery thread for her bunny eyes and mouth but I opted for felt for mine. Used a circle punch for the black circles for the eyes and the nose is pink felt that I cut out using a Sizzix die in the Cuttlebug. I used Aileen's Tacky glue to put my eyes and pink heart nose on my bunnies:


Here is a photo of the backside to show the bunny tail:


Just used a white pom pom and again used the Tacky glue and put that on the bunny. For these photos I have paper shred inside my bunnies but these are a perfect size for Easter treats --- and cute enough if you do not have baskets for everyone --- fill up a platter with your stuffed bunnies (with chocolate) and hand them out on Easter or tuck them in your baskets.

I cut out a bunch of bunnies when I did my cutting but only sewed these two to show them. This is a job that will work out well if done in assembly line style -- cut out the fabric, do the sewing, clip the curves, sew the opening closed, turn right side out, glue on the face and pom pom tail and then stuff with chocolate treats. Easy to sew up and thanks to Crystal for the free pattern and her photo how-to's on her blog. TFL and YOLO

No comments: