Saturday, February 21, 2015

Bunny Box


Had seen the Easter Bunny Box Tutorial and video on Youtube by Michelle Last for this bunny box. I do not know if it originated with her but I did use her pattern to make my Bunny Box. As with most box/bag projects I always make one up using white/GP card stock before I use heavier card stocks for my project. This box holds Hershey chocolate kisses as well as their foiled covered chocolate candy eggs. Here is my Bunny Box:


This Bunny Box was made using the Stampin Up Scallop Tag Topper punch, a small heart SU punch, as well as two SU flower punches. I found after I made my white bunny first that it was easier to put the face together while the card stock piece was still flat before I used the bone folder to crease my lines. First I used TomBow glue and put the heart on for the bunny nose:



Then I used a fine line black marker for the whiskers and using a small circle punch I punched out black card stock for his eyes. I put the black circles on using a glue pen:


Once the face was done I creased my scored lines and clipped the box piece for the bottom:


Using red sticky tape I put the box together. Then punched out the oval ears and the pink ovals for the inner ears. Put the ear pieces together using TomBow glue and then put them on the bunny box. As you can see in this photo this box is thick so you can use larger candies to fill it -- chocolate kisses, chocolate eggs, and even the smaller foil chocolate bunnies as well as jelly beans:


If you watch the video Michelle shows you how to cut the card stock to make your box and she has a good tip for the stems to the flowers --- she uses fringe scissors to cut her green card stock and before she cuts the stems off the piece of card stock she ties her string/twine around these stem pieces and then she cuts them off the card stock. Makes an easy job of dealing with such small pieces. For my flowers I used scraps and punches and added clear crystals to the center of my flowers.

This is a quick box to make and I found putting the face on the bunny before I creased the scored lines or made the box was easier. Thanks to Michelle Last for sharing her video and her detailed tutorial for this Bunny Box. TFL and YOLO


1 comment:

lifesabeach32940 said...

Candee ~

Another SUPER CUTE, SUPER SWEET project!! I am definitely going to watch Michelle's video for putting this bunny together, but I wanted to thank you for sharing the link and extra tips and techniques you learned along the way!!



Judy