Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Hello Spring Card


Used a stamp set from Stampin Up from 1997 for this card and was inspired by Jackie Jerke with her card using this stamp set:


Card stock base is #110 weight white card stock from Mikes. Used a pink card stock from SU. For the embossed white piece I used an embossing folder from Lifestyle crafts and as usual when I emboss card stock I used two pieces of card stock. This gives the embossed piece a softer look and prevents rips and tears in the embossed design.

Stamped all four stamps in the stamp set onto white/GP card stock using StazOn black ink. Using coloured pencils I coloured the basket and eggs, the tulips and leaves, and then lightly put pink on the inside of the bunny ears. I also added a purple card stock bow to the handle of the basket and added a small purple crystal to the center of the bow:


To make the card I cut and scored the white card stock base. Then cut the pink piece for the card front. Embossed my white/GP for the card front and trimmed that to size. Put the embossed piece on the pink card stock using the ATG. Added ribbon and a knot to the card front. Then used the ATG and put these onto the white card stock base.

Stamped and coloured the four images from the stamp set. Used a square punch and punched these out. Used a ruler and measured my four stamped image pieces and cut a piece of pink card stock to put the stamped image pieces on. Once they were on the pink piece I put this onto the finished card front using pop dots for dimension.

Thanks to Jackie J for sharing her card and layout. TFL and YOLO

No comments: