Sunday, February 1, 2015

Rainbow Valentine Card



Decided to break away from the red and white and red and black Valentine cards and make a rainbow heart Valentine.

For the card stock base I used a darker pink card stock from Close To My Heart, the orange is from Stampin Up, and the white is GP. I used an older stamp from All Night Media for the brushed heart. I used various markers and the 'huff method' to put colour on the stamp. Did the markers, "huffed" on the stamp, and stamped it onto the white/GP card stock.

The Happy Valentine's Day stamp is from Darice ( very old ) and I used Stampin Up Pixie Pink ink for that. FINALLY used my newly made Perler Enamel dots I have been melting for this card. I used a yellow, an orange, and a hot pink enamel dot and all are Perler Beads that have been cut in half and melted in the toaster oven outdoors. I used glue dots to put the dots onto the card front. (This photo shows a shadow on the right side above the greeting and it looks like an ink smudge but it is just a shadow on the card front in the photo).

Was not sure about the non-traditional Valentine colours but I really like the way this card turned out.
TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Love the way your rainbow heart came out Candee! Looks fabulous! Hugs, Brenda