Friday, February 20, 2015

Step-Up Spring Card


Had seen the center Step-Up die by Stephanie Barnard on "thestampsoflife.com" by Sizzix. Watched her video for the how-to's and tips to using this die set and I bought one -- here is what the die set packing looks like:


Here is the card I just made using this die set:


This die set has 23 dies in it and in the past I have made only one Step-Up card. Reason being without this die set you have to measure your solid card stock base and cut that and also cut and score all the "steps" and then cut all the pieces for the front of the card, step fronts, etc. Too much time for one card but I do like how they look.

This die set cuts as well as she claims in her video and all the smaller dies are in the set for the flowers, vines, words, and shadow dies, and all the step fronts. The one tip I learned was for the flowers with the stems and leaves -- cut that out in your green card stock and then cut the flower dies in the colours you want and use the green flower/stem/leaves piece as your base and add the coloured flowers on top of that. Once I had all the flowers in place I used small clear crystals for the centers of my flowers. When I cut out my vines pieces (there are two of those pieces across the bottom front of my card) I then lightly sponged the edges of my pieces and then I put then on the front of my card.

Sizzix has more of the Step-Up die sets -- Birthday, Hearts, Flowers, etc and of course you can decorate yours as you wish beyond the pieces that come in the die sets. Fast card to cut out in the Cuttlebug, got to use scraps for the flowers, and this goes together quickly. TFL and YOLO

No comments: