Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Valentine Treat Bag


Pattern for this Valentine treat bag is from a video from FrenchieStamps on Youtube. One sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" card stock will be enough for two of these treat bags. Had bought the Stampin Up Love wheel at a recent SU retirement sale by a local demonstrator. As with all my wheels I took the stamp off the wheel and I mounted it onto an adhesive sheet for unmounted stamps.

To make this treat bag I cut kraft card stock from Mikes 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". I scored it with the long side at the top of the score board at 1 1/2", 4", 5 1/2", and again at 8". Turned it once and scored it on the short side at 1 1/4". When you watch the video you will see where to clip your scored lines to make your treat bag.

Once I had the score lines made I kept this piece flat and using red ink I inked the Love wheel stamp and stamped it just above the scored line for the bottom of the treat bag. Then I used a bone folder to crease the scored lines of the treat bag. Used red sticky tape to close this. Used paper shred from the dollar store I filled about half of the treat bag and then added chocolate candy hearts and chocolate kisses to the treat bag. Used a small circle punch and made two holes near the top to keep the treat holder closed with a ribbon/bow.

For the large red heart on my treat bag I used a Cheerios cereal box and cut a square larger than the heart I was making. Once the card board square was cut out I used the ATG and covered the card board square with adhesive. Then I cut a piece of red glittered gift wrap and put that on the card board square. Pressed these pieces together for the adhesive to stick. Once that was done I used a hearts die from Spellbinders and cut out a heart using the Cuttlebug. Put this on the treat bag front using large glue dots:



 For the three small red hearts I put adhesive on scrap white card stock and then put red glittered gift wrap on that. Used a M Stewart multi hearts punch and punched out the three smaller hearts. Put the hearts on the treat bag using small glue dots:


Since I was using kraft card stock from Mikes for the holder I did not want my red stamped area to be too bold so I lightly inked the Love wheel stamp and then stamped the kraft card stock piece.

Easy treat holder bag to put together and it looks nice tied shut or left open at the top. Thanks to Frenchie for her video and sharing this project. TFL and YOLO

No comments: