Sunday, March 8, 2015

Bunny Card


Had seen this bunny all over so do not know who it originated with but it is too cute not to make up. For my card stock base I used Groovy Guava card stock, the lighter blue card stock front is Bazzill, and the white is GP.

To make this card I used the Stampin Up oval Framelits set. For my bunny I used the smallest oval for the coral ear piece and cut out two of those -- the coral card stock was in a 6 x 6 pad of printed card stock I had in my stash. For the white/GP ears I used the next sized oval die and cut out two of those. Using the ATG I put the coral and the white ears together. Set those aside.

For the bunny face I used the second largest oval in the Framelits set -- which if you are counting from the smallest oval out then this would be the 5th oval die in the set. I also used my oval for the bunny face sideways on the card.

To figure the right layout for the ears and face I first cut and scored my Groovy Guava card stock base. Then cut the light blue card stock for the card front. Laid the ears on the blue card stock and then laid my bunny oval face piece over the ears -- moved things around until I got the ears where I wanted them -- once that was decided I used the ATG to put the ears on the blue card stock.

To layout the bunny face I put the white oval face piece on top of the ears and once I had that where I wanted it I put the nose oval onto the white oval piece using the ATG. Once that was done then I used a 1/4" circle punch and Mikes black card stock and punched out two pieces for the eyes. Put the eyes above the oval nose using glue dots.

For the bunny cheeks I used a dauber and Groovy Guava ink. I inked the dauber, stamped it off onto scrap card stock, then put the dauber on the oval face piece for the two cheeks. Once those were done I used a fine black marker for whiskers. Now to put the oval face piece onto the blue card front -- I used the ATG and added adhesive to the back of the oval piece and then put it on the blue card front:


Once that was in place I turned over the piece for trimming -- did not want to get adhesive on my trimmer so I used scrap copy paper and cut two pieces to put over the adhesive on the oval:


Once the excess adhesive was covered I then took the blue card piece to the trimmer and from the back of the blue card front I trimmed off the excess white oval piece. Using the ATG I attached the blue/bunny piece to the Groovy Guava card stock base.

Using a Easter stamp set from Hero Arts I then stamped "Happy Easter" to the blue card front using the Groovy Guava ink:


Again here is the completed card:


You could added eyelashes or a bow if you wanted your bunny to be a girl or to dress her up. You can also sponge the edges of the ears and the oval face piece. You can also emboss the card front piece or maybe the bunny ears for dimension. Or put the bunny face in the left corner instead of the right.

Simple card to do once you know which oval dies to use for your piece. Went together quickly once I figured out in which order to make the bunny ears/face. TFL and YOLO

No comments: