Saturday, March 21, 2015

Full Snowman Nuggets


A bit past winter -- we hope -- but had seen this idea all over and decided to make a full snowman for Hershey Nugget candies. Once again for the snowman nugget covers I used the small snowman face stamp from Morningstarstamps.com for the face. This holder is quite easy to make --

First get three nugget candies. Cut 3 pieces of white card stock 1" x 3 1/8" for the white nugget wrappers. I stamped one of the white nugget wrappers with the snowman face stamp using black StazOn ink. Used an orange marker for the nose. Put this wrapper on one of the nugget candies using small glue dots:


Using bath gloves from the dollar store I cut off a finger tip for the green hat. Flipped up the raw edge of the "hat" like a brim. Put the "hat" on the nugget candy using a glue dot. Added a pom pom to the top of the hat.

For the second white wrapper I used a small circle punch and punched out three black circles for the buttons. Put the white wrapper on the nugget candy using glue dots and then used a glue pen to add the three black circles/buttons:


For the third nugget candy I put the white wrapper on it and put fuzzy white ribbon at the bottom of the nugget wrapper using double sided tape. This is to resemble snow.

The black channel/tray the nugget candies are on is a piece of black card stock 1 1/2" x 4 1/2". Scored both long sides at 1/4" and again at 1 1/4". Used a bone folder to crease the scored lines. Put the three candy nuggets on the channel/tray. Then put this all into a pretzel candy bag from the candy making section at the craft store. Tied the top closed using green/white twine. Using scissors I cut off the excess part of the pretzel bag.

Another cute snowman and treat holder for holidays/winter. TFL and YOLO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Candee, I now have the Morningstar snowman face! Thanks for introducing it to me. We went to the stamp convention in Albuquerque, NM. So much fun!! Love this company's stamps.
Hugs and smiles, Reva

Candee said...

Hi Reva-I also came across Morningstar Stamps at a stamp convention. I was walking around and I wanted smaller stamps but the other company there with the smaller stamps was DeNami and I think their stamps are a big high priced. But when I saw the booth for Morningstar and met Pam I fell in love with her designs and loaded up on her stamps--I also loved her booth and all the projects she had made up. I can not tell you how many times I have used my small Snowman face stamp. It is great and so easy to use for treat holders and tags and stuff. Pam is very nice and shows you the things she made and her how-to's so once I found her??? I was one happy stamper! BUT altho I went to many of the stamp shows when I lived in upstate NY there are NO stamp shows here in Raleigh--however this July the SSAT Show will be here. I am looking forward to being able to attend that -- glad you were able to get your Snowman Face stamp and I am sure you will use it as often as I do! Thanks for your blog visit -- Candee P