Thursday, March 5, 2015

St Patty's Day Cards




Three St Patty's Day Cards - all on Mikes 110# weight black card stock base. For the white/GP card front I used the Cuttlebug Simply Charmed embossing folder --- embossed two pieces of white/GP at the same time and this gives the embossed piece a softer finish. For the smaller rectangle piece on the cards I embossed that white/GP using the Swiss Dots embossing folder -- again embossing two pieces of card stock at the same time. 

For the first photo -- the green foil shamrock is cut out using an old Sizzix Shamrock die. The green foil card stock is from Hobby Lobby:


The other two cards I used the Stampin Up Curly Label punch for the hat. The small shamrocks on the hats were cut out using a Shamrock die from Memory Box. For the small shamrocks again I used the green foil card stock and I added a small gold bead to the center of the shamrocks on the hats:


The printed holiday ribbons are from Hobby Lobby for the hat cards and the large shamrock card has a ribbon from ACMoore. TFL and YOLO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your cards. I'm going to use them as inspiration in my card making today. Have to mail them tomorrow so I need to get cracking. :)

Cathy

Candee said...

Hi Cathy -- St Patty cards are always hard for me to make -- so this year I decided to use black and white and a touch of green and then wanted to keep the cards simple. Shamrocks, hats, pots of gold are about it for that holiday so that is what I tried to use -- mine will also be in the mail on Monday so now onto Easter and Bunnies! Thanks for your comment and your blog visit -- Candee P