Saturday, April 18, 2015

Another Saturday Morning - - -


Since I am selling stamping items on Craigs List from my recent Craft Room Cleanout I check Craigs List often. Earlier this week I saw an ad for a garage sale from another stamper I have met before for some of her stamping/storage and Stampin Up items to be held this morning. So I emailed another stamping friend that went to stamp clubs I went to and I asked her if she wanted to go to this sale this morning? I forwarded the ad to her and we decided we would go. Sale began at 7:30AM so she said she would be at my house early so we would have plenty of time to get there. . .

But before I left the house this morning I checked my ads on Craigs List as they can be renewed this weekend. I then stumbled across another Stampin Up garage sale that began at 7:00AM and it is not far from the first sale we wanted to go to --- once my friend got to my house I read the Stampin Up garage sale ad to her and we decided we would stop there first.

We were the only shoppers there and we had two tables to look at -- my friend bought brand new packs of card stocks, inks, Sizzix/Stampin Up dies, embossing folders, etc. I bought Stampin Up ribbon spools -- 4 for $1.00, an embossing folder, color pencils, crayons, Stampin Up cling stamp sets, two ink pads,
and Stampin Up retired markers:





Good deals to be had -- this sale was for retired Stampin Up items being sold by a Stampin Up demonstrator. The last garage sale I had attended for another Stampin Up demonstrator was not as successful as this sale -- the last demonstrator charges the buyer not only shipping but tax too!!! On used retired items!!! Clearly her sales are not for me but this sale this morning was much better and we did not have to pay tax or shipping! :0)

Then off to the second sale which is the main sale we were going to. I picked up empty cling and empty wood mounted plastic stamp cases from Stampin Up (new style -- not the old clamshell boxes). I also bought a few card making magazines for 50 cents each, Then I came across this:


This is the Zutter Magnetic Die storage box with a pack of refill sheets on top of the box. I have many of the Art Bins (mostly bought with my ACM Reward checks) and those are nice but the Zutter storage box and sheets are much larger. My ArtBins are sorted by die manufacturer -- but for some time I have wanted to pull all the holiday dies and put them together. This larger storage box will be perfect for a years' worth of holiday dies -- from Valentine's, Easter, Summer, Autumn, Boo Day, and Christmas. I will use the label maker and label above each die set the manufacturer and the die set title on the sheets.

Having all the holiday dies together in one place will certainly cut down on searching for dies that I either forgot I have or where I put. . . Here is a photo to show the ArtBin VS the Zutter Die Storage box in size:



So this will help with the "Can't find it? Can't use it" craft room problem. Glad we went to both sales and really glad about the Zutter Die storage box/sheets. But after these sales . . .

Before I left the house I received an email from ACMoore saying that for three hours this morning only they offered a coupon for 60% off one item. I printed out a couple of coupons -- for me and my friend. Off we went to ACMoore after our second sale and I used my coupon for a Darice metal die set -- which I did not know ACMoore had them in the stores so that was a good surprise.

My friend wanted to buy a Sizzix Big Kick machine but ACMoore had a Manager's Special going on and altho the coupon did not say you could not use it towards a Sizzix machine the special going on meant you could not use a coupon for the machine. I suggested to her that we go across the street to Michaels and see how much their Sizzix Big Kick machine was selling for.

Off we go and they did not have a sale or special on their machines so we decided we would see if they would honor the 60% coupon at Mikes from ACMoore --- much to our surprise, with no problems, the cashier got us the Sizzix Big Kick machine and my friend gave the cashier her coupon and the cashier took it -- so for $48.00 (plus tax) my friend now has a new Sizzix Big Kick machine.

Good shopping morning for us for sure --- now off to fill my Zutter box with holiday dies... TFL and YOLO  *** Here are two photos of two of the Zutter magnetic sheets to show how many of the dies they can hold:

First sheet is Easter dies:


The Easter sheet holds dies from Taylored Expressions, Lil' Inker bunnies, Impression Obsession tiny bunnies, the Easter egg and flower die set from MFT - My Favorite Things as well as their Easter basket die set. The oval egg dies are from Spellbinders. The two white dies in the lower right corner are from Cottage Cutz -- This sheet holds all the different dies in place with no problems.

Here is an Autumn dies sheet:


Nice thing about these larger sheets is that I can put my two pumpkin die sets on the same page and at a glance I can see which pumpkin dies I have. This sheet holds pumpkin dies from Cottage Cutz, Elizabeth Craft, Sizzix, and Spellbinders. The square white dies on the left are from Cottage Cutz and these sheets can hold even those larger dies in place.

Glad I stopped at that garage sale this morning for sure ---TFL

No comments: