Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easter Treats


Some of the Easter treats I put together -- first here is a small pail filled with treats:


The bunny on the front is a die from Topdies.com. Used a plastic carrot treat holder from the dollar store and filled that with small candies and put that in the pail. Did not want chocolate overload since on Easter chocolate is everywhere so I crumpled up a piece of gift wrap tissue and put it inside the pail. Then covered that with coloured paper shred from the dollar store. Put a handful of chocolate candies in the pail. Tied a white ribbon bow on the pail handle to finish it off.

Then for this holder for the Ghirardelli candies:


Used the Sizzix Card, Petal die for the holder and for the bunny face I used the Stampin Up ornament punch and then oval punches for the ears.

For the small lollipop holder:


The above metal die is from Yournextstamp.com. This die is great as it has the scored lines already on the die as well as it not only cuts out the hole in the holder for the lollipop stick to go through but it also cuts out the holes for the ribbon to be tied through. In this photo you see the die, the small holder, and a regular sized Tootsie Pop. This die makes a holder too small for the regular Tootsie Pops but it holds the miniature Tootsie Pops or the Dum Dum lollipops.

When I first saw this die from Yournextstamp.com I was concerned about ordering the die -- the company is based in Canada and I was not sure how long it would take me to get the die delivered. But I ordered it, it shipped the next, and 8 days later, from the day I ordered my die, the die arrived. This die cuts nicely and you are not stuck with a die with card stock pieces stuck in it.

This photo shows the Matchbook treat holder I made:


Basic pattern for the Matchbook holder:  card stock 2 3/4" wide x 8 1/2" long. (You can get four of these holders out of a piece of card stock 8 1/2" x 11").

For this holder I cut my card stock 2 3/4" x 8 1/2" and scored it with the long side at the top of the score board at: 3/4", 4 1/2", and again at 5". In my Matchbook holders I have Fun Size M & M candies.

I used an Impression Obsession grass die for my grass. Then used various punches for the bunny and the ears:


The Stampin Up Flower Trio punch is for the bunny tail. The 1" oval punch (from the jewelry section @ Hobby Lobby) is the bunny bottom. The 3/4" circle punch is the bunny head. The 6 petal flower punch is the bunny ears. Punched out all my bunny pieces from brown card stock and I sponged the edges of those. Using a small oval punch by Marvy I punched out four "eggs" using scrap card stock. Sponged all those edges. To put this altogether:

Cut and scored the card stock for the Matchbook holder. Cut the white piece of card stock for the holder front. Using the SU Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set I stamped Happy Easter in the upper part of the white piece. Put that onto the treat holder front using the ATG.

Cut out the grassy piece of green card stock and used a glue pen to put that on a piece of green card stock for the lower front of the holder. This will cover up the staple used to hold the candy bag inside your holder.

After I put the grassy piece on the holder, and trimmed the edges, I then closed the holder. Put the bunny pieces together using small glue dots and put this on the holder front using glue dots. Then put the eggs on the holder front, also using glue dots, tucked behind the grass:


I opened the holder to take this photo to show that the bunny and the eggs are not on the holder at the lower edge -- this way they can be seen in the grass:

Tied a piece of twine at the top of the holder above the stamped greeting. Here are two other Matchbook holders I made using a greeting stamp from Impression Obsession:



Easy treat holders for Easter and still leaves room for the Easter Bunny's basket . . . . TFL and YOLO

No comments: