Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Petite Tuck Ins


These are 3 x 3 cards I made for Tuck Ins. They can be used as tags or tuck in cards for a gift or a treat box, etc.. All stamps used on the mini cards are from Close To My Heart.

To begin with I cut and scored white 110# card stock from Mikes -- cut the white card stock 3" wide by 6" long and scored it down the center at 3". That is the card stock base. Using scraps I cut my coloured card stocks 2 3/4" x 2 3/4".  The white/GP pieces for the card fronts are cut 2 1/2" x 2 1/2".

For the stamped white piece on the card front I used white/GP and I used the CTMH background stamp set D1066 Romantic Backgrounds:


I inked each background stamp I wanted to use and stamped it onto scrap paper and then stamped my white pieces for my card fronts. This gave the background a softer image. For the greetings on each card I used the CTMH stamp set D1187 For Every Occasion:


I stamped all my greetings onto scrap white card stock and for some of the greetings I used various tag dies to cut them out in the Cuttlebug. For each card I used a small 'charm' stamp -- a shopping perk from CTMH -- a FREE mini stamp set ---- happy me --- :0).  This set is called Kaleidoscope Blooms and that set is W2031:


I stamped each charm stamp onto white/GP card stock and punched them out using a 3/4" circle punch. Then I used a 1" circle punch and punched out a circle from coloured card stock to put behind my stamped circle. Added a crystal or a pearl to the center and put these on the cards next to the greetings:


The 3 x 3 card are nice if you do not want to make up a tag or if you want to tuck in a little card for a gift or treat box/bag. I have made envelopes for these cards using card stocks and also copy paper from the computer printer. When sending flowers to someone (locally) I have also taken a 3 x 3 card and envelope I have made to the florist when I order the flowers and they use my card instead of the small card they write a greeting on for you. This way the recipient not only has the flowers from you but a mini card you also made for them.

3 x 3 cards go together quickly and when you do not have a lot of time to plan a larger card or project you can always put together a mini card. They also use scraps and that is always a good thing -- The nicest thing about the Close To My Heart stamp sets is they are clear stamps so you can always see where you are stamping but they also are packaged in envelopes and are very easy for storing. Many of their stamp sets also coordinate with Cricut programs as well if you should use your Cricut often. Plus they have great designs and they keep up with the ever changing scrapbooking and card making market.

One of my stamping friends is now a Close To My Heart consultant and you do not have to live local to order from her -- go on her website and place an order:

donnaschaeffer.ctmh.com

I placed my order with her and she let me know when it was shipped from CTMH, when it arrived at her house, and I had it shortly after. She is very good with details and questions as well -- so if you are thinking of trying Close To My Heart products give Donna a try --- Close To My Heart has had the clear stamps for many years and they are high quality and I have bought used CTMH stamp sets at garage and stamp sales over the years and the older stamps work just as well as the new ones -- a nice sharp image and no tearing on the clear stamps getting them off the sheet to stamp. TFL and YOLO

No comments: