Sunday, May 3, 2015

Butterfly Card


Had seen this does by Nancy on   iguanastamp.wordpress.com and really liked it but only one problem.. I did not own the butterfly die used on her card -- until . . . .

Recently came across an ad on Craigs List from a woman that is giving up all her stamping supplies for her new love -- quilting. I picked up some really great finds at her house and the Stampin Up Butterfly Thinlits were one of them --- I do not think she had even used them.

For this card I used green card stock for the card stock base and my printed card stock is from My Mind's Eye. The cream is Very Vanilla from Stampin Up.

Cut and scored the green card stock base. Cut the printed card stock to the size I needed. For the Very Vanilla I cut that to the size I wanted and put the medium butterfly die from the Thinlits set onto the card stock and held it in place using painters tape. Ran it thru the Cuttlebug and now I had my butterfly and the butterfly shape on my Very Vanilla piece.

Using the Stampin Up Curly Cute stamp set I stamped "thinking of you" using Rose Romance ink from Stampin Up on the lower part of the Very Vanilla card stock. Used the ATG to put the stamped Very Vanilla piece onto the printed card stock. Then put these onto the green card stock base.

Using red sticky tape I put the cut butterfly on the card in the butterfly opening -- added green crystals from the stash for the center of the butterfly. Pinched the wings together and here is a better photo of the butterfly:


Quick card to put together and any greeting would work well with the Butterfly Thinlit. Thanks to Nancy for sharing her card. And happy me to be able to buy this off Craigs List -- for the longest time Stampin Up had the Butterfly Thinlits out of stock. I found many things at this sale -- still sealed packs of SU card stock, SU Glitter card stocks, LOTS of SU punches, a couple of SU stamp sets, the SU Circle Framelits, But my best find at her sale was the Stampin Up Simply Scored Scoreboard that she sold with the diagonal plate and extra scoring markers all for $10.00 .. have a few projects that I needed that particular scoreboard for so hoping to get those made up soon. TFL and YOLO

No comments: